The smile chickie dream.
I have a dream…
A really simple dream…
(my life’s busy enough, i've got no time for complicated dreams...)
Anyone who has read the smile chickie book will know that I am just an ordinary chick, No different to so many others out there, who got to a certain point where life became a tad overwhelming.
Yep, there I was with a solid history of:
- Advanced juggling, balancing and ‘doormat’ skills.
- Running myself ragged attempting to keep everyone else happy.
- Putting myself last at every opportunity.
- Giving a lot to people who didn’t deserve (or appreciate) it.
And last, but not least...
- I had survived the ‘bitchy girls crap’ of high school and life, only to find myself watching it happen all over again to my own daughters and their friends.
One day, this chick decided: ENOUGH!
Now i am fully aware that, I am merely one little chickie. I accept that, no matter how big my smile is, or good my intentions may be, I may not be able to change the entire world.
But I sure as shit can change my own. I can choose who I allow into my life and into my heart. I can choose to lead by example. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
if its good enough for Gandhi, then I’m prepared to give it a burl!
So this is the deal chickies:
- I believe that life is precious and short. I want to pack as much of the ‘good stuff’ as I possibly can into whatever time I’m blessed with on this earth.
- I believe that we don’t have to be bitchy or treat each other badly in order to get on in this world. There will always be bitchy girls and crap going on, but I choose to walk away and leave them to it. And I’m trying to teach my daughters (by example) to do the same.
- I believe that women should nurture other women. That it is not ever necessary for us to tear each other down.
- I believe that there is room for all of us to be amazing, and that by supporting each other, we can all smile, laugh and learn more along the way. When we help each other, we all evolve into the best people we can be much more quickly.
- I believe that bullshit and nastiness wastes time and energy. So wherever possible, I choose to not give my time or energy to bullshit. (sorry mum, I swore again ).
- I choose to surround myself with the kind of people who enhance my life and in turn I try to do what I can to enhance theirs.
This is why I started smile chickie
I love smile chickie. I love what it stands for. I love watching our online community grow and thrive. Thankyou to everyone who has joined me on my quiet little mission… I can’t wait to see where we can all go from here.
Are you in chickies ??? How do you aim to live your life? What is important to you?